Are you interested in doing a lot expansion in Tumbler Ridge?
A lot expansion is the purchase of District-owned or Crown Land to increase personal residential property size. Council has approved Land Sales at a fair market value of $28.95 per square metre. Please note there are additional expenses in the list below.
INDICATIVE ONLY – MAP FOR POTENTIAL LOT EXPANSIONS. This map will give you an idea of No-Go zones. Council will make decisions on a per-case basis and no application is guaranteed.
Here are the basic steps for a request:
Step 1: The landowner contacts Terése Finegan (Director, Economic Development & Tourism) to initiate an enquiry. Please include your civic address, how much land you would like to request and for what purpose. Contact information is below.
Step 2: An initial check is done (Land Title Search, availability of land behind your address), and then you will be required to fill in a subdivision form with a fee of $300 payable to the District.
Step 3: A Council report is prepared for the next Regular Council Meeting. If successfully endorsed there will be several further steps to follow to progress the land sale.
• Public notice of disposition (newspaper and website)
• Land Sales Contract drafted and sent to Purchaser for legal consideration. Includes Land Sales Purchase Price based on the approximate size of the required land. Landowner appoints their own conveyancer – budget approx $1400)
• Surveyor (landowner cost of approx $4000 – $5500)
• The Approving Officer (DTR) approves the subdivision plan and signs the site plan.
• Application to deposit plan at the Land Title Office, Province of BC and stamp plan
• Rezoning application (landowner cost of $500)
• Zoning bylaw amendment (if applicable)
• Submission to Land Titles
• Subdivision/rezoning registered
For more information please contact:
Terése Finegan – Director, Economic Development & Tourism
Phone: (250) 242-4242
305 Iles Way | Tumbler Ridge, BC | V0C 2W0
www.DistrictOfTumblerRidge.ca | www.InvestTumblerRidge.ca