2023 Business Façade Improvement Program Guidelines
Program Purpose and Goals
The physical environment in which we live and work greatly affects us. A community that is more appealing to the eye gives its citizens a greater sense of place and pride while also providing a positive image to visitors. The District of Tumbler Ridge is partnering with the Tumbler Ridge Chamber of Commerce to provide this program as an incentive to building/business owners to improve the character and physical appearance of their buildings. The Business Façade Improvement Program will focus on the physical appearance of the buildings in highly visible areas. Facades and storefronts of the retail and commercial buildings will be considered.
Funding for the Tumbler Ridge Business Façade Improvement program is provided by Northern Development Initiative Trust.
These program guidelines are intended to maximize the program’s benefit for improving the aesthetics of commercial areas.
– The District of Tumbler Ridge will provide up to a 50% reimbursement grant for a maximum of $5,000 per project to improve the facades of commercial buildings.
– Each building is eligible for an annual grant to a maximum of $5,000. Each year a building may access the Business Façade Improvement program for new/incremental façade improvements.
– Projects must have a minimum total cost of $2500.
– Application deadline is October 31, 2023
– The Business Façade Improvement program is offered by the District of Tumbler Ridge with funding provided by Northern Development Initiative Trust.
Business Application Process
Funding will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until October 31, 2023, or until all funds have been subscribed.
Funds MUST be spent by December 2023 and projects MUST be completed by December 31, 2023 in order to be eligible. There is no carry-over of reimbursement into the next fiscal year.
Submitting an application does not necessarily mean your project or a specific grant amount will be approved. All project proposals are subject to a comprehensive review, must meet high-quality standards, and must reflect the spirit and intent of the Business Façade Improvement Program Guidelines.
For more information or to submit an application please contact:
Tumbler Ridge Chamber of Commerce
Box 1821, Tumbler Ridge BC V0C2W0 Phone: 250.242.8047